About Civil Dept.
Year of Establishment of Civil Department: Year 2010
Intake : 60 Seats (48 CAP + 12 Institute Level)
Student Body : CASTLE
(Civil Association of Students for Technically Leading Engineeres)
Tel No : 02356-262795-99 ext. 204
Email : email@example.com
Publications : Click Here
The Department offers a 4-Year B.E. Degree Programme in Civil Engineering.
Vision & Mission
* To produce skilled Civil Engineering graduates with goodwill for humanity and to make them ethically strong to build our nation and to protect environment.
* Impart quality education through need based curriculum in academic program.
* Develop skills to apply knowledge to profession.
* Create awareness, understanding of continuous learning and responsibility towards society and environment.
PO & PEO's
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's)
* Graduates of the program will be able to apply effectively Civil Engineering principles in Engineering practice and for an advance
study in Civil Engineering.
* Graduates of the program will have successful technical or professional careers in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Management,
Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Water resource Engineering and Environmental Engineering.
* Graduates of the program will be able to understand professional responsibility, ethics, global, social economical impact of Civil
Engineering and the need for lifelong learning.
Program Outcomes (PO's)
* Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, Science, Civil Engineering fundamentals to the solution of complex Civil Engineering problems.
* Problem Analysis: Identify, analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions to solve these complex Civil Engineering problems.
* Design / development of Solution: Design systems components or processes to meet specified objectives within realistic constraints such as
economic, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety, construction and sustainability in Civil Engineering.
* Conduct Investigation of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis
and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to solve Civil Engineering problems and provide valid conclusion.
* Modern tool usage: Select and apply appropriate techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for Civil Engineering practice.
* The Engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess social, health, safety, legal and cultural issue
and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional Civil Engineering practice.
* Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the Civil Engineering solution in social and environmental contexts
and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
* Ethics: Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility and norms of engineering practice.
* Individual and Team work: Function Effectively as an individual or as a member or as a leader of multi disciplinary teams
and have an understanding of team leadership.
* Communication: Communicate effectively in written, oral, & graphical forms with the engineering community & with society at large,
Such as make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
* Project Management & Finance: Demonstrate knowledge & understanding of the Civil Engineering & management principle & apply these to one’s
own work, as a member & leader in a team to manage projects & in multidisciplinary environment.
* Life-Long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the ability to engage in life-long learning.
The Department is equipped with 15 labs, departmental computer centre, departmental library,
seminar hall, classrooms with modern teaching aids and staff rooms.
1. Applied Hydraulics I & II
2. Building Material and Construction & Concrete Technology
3. Geotechnical Engineering I & II
4. Transportation Engineering I & II
5. Environmental Engineering I & II
6. Computer & Engineering Geology Laboratory
7. Departmental Library & Surveying I , II Laboratory
Departmental Seminar Hall
Well equipped with audio/Video Facility, LCD Projector, OHP's, Multimedia PC,
Well Equipped Class Rooms
Healthy, Species, Good Light, Fan Arrangement with OHP Facility.
Faculty of Civil Engg Dept