About computer Dept.
Year of Establishment of Computer Department: Year 2007
Intake : 60 Seats (48 CAP + 12 Institute Level)
Student Body : ASCEE
(Association of Students of Computer Engineering for Excellence)
Tel No : 02356-262795-99 ext. 198
Email : email@example.com
USP Comp Dept : Click Here
Publications : Click Here
STTP : Click Here
The Department offers a 4-Year B.E. Degree Programme in Computer Engineering. The department has
team of young and enthusiastic faculty members with state-of-the-art laboratories.
Vision & Mission
* To develop young minds into Computer professionals to meet Industrial and Social needs.
* To develop young aspirants in relevant knowledge of Computer Engineering.
* To develop skill among individuals for applying knowledge to professionally defined problems.
* To acknowledge individuals about continuous learning.
PO & PEO's
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's)
* Work in wide area of computing or computing application.
* Integrate into the world of practicing professionals for team work and represent professional skills to society.
* Adapt to new technologies and possess necessary background to pursue higher education.
Program Outcomes (PO's)
* Able to demonstrate Mathematics, Science fundamentals along with Computer Engineering principles in Real time Engineering problems.
* Able to identify, formulate and review literatures for analysis of complex Engineering problems that’s leads to substantial
conclusions based on basic principles of Mathematics, Allied Science and Engineering Science.
* Able to propose solution to complex Engineering problem, sketch out system component and processes that will lead to fulfillment of
needs with appropriate consideration of public welfare.
* Able to conduct research oriented investigation and analysis in devising proper solution.
* Able to select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern tools to solve engineering problems with an
understanding of limitations.
* Able to apply professional knowledge for the welfare of society.
* Able to understand impact of engineering solution on society and apply knowledge for sustainable development.
* Able to abide to professional ethics and societal responsibilities and apply them in engineering practice.
* Able to stand alone, collaborate with team and lead a team in same or multidisciplinary domains.
* Able to comprehend and write effective report, design documents, give effective presentations and communicate effectively
before engineering community and society.
* Able to apply engineering principles and management skills in individual work and team work for project development
in multidisciplinary domains.
* Able to understand the need of lifelong learning so as to adapt upcoming technologies.
The Department is equipped with 8 labs, 148 No. of latest generation Computers, departmental computer centre, departmental library,
seminar hall, classrooms with modern teaching aids,staff rooms & WiFi connectivity.
1. Software Engineering Laboratory : Total 20 computers connected in LAN. The lab is equipped
with windows 7, IBM Rational Rose, Packet Tracer software with printing facility..
2. Database Laboratory : Total 20 computers connected in LAN. The lab is equipped with Windows 7,
SQL Server 2008, Visual Studio 2008, Java 1.6 software with printing facility..
3. Cryptography & Networking Laboratory : Total 20 computers connected in LAN. The lab is
equipped with Windows7, Masm, Turbo C++, Java 1.6 software with printing facility.
4. Open Source Laboratory : Total 20 computers connected in LAN.
The lab is equipped with Ubantu Linux, Turbo C++, Java 1.6 software with printing facility..
5. Computer Center & Programming Laboratory : Total 20 computers connected in LAN. The lab is equipped
with windows XP, Turbo C++, Java 1.6 software software with printing facility..
6. Computer Center & Cyber Security Laboratory : Total 20 computers connected in LAN. The lab is equipped with
Windows XP, AutoCAD 2008, Java 1.6 software with printing facility..
7. Computer Graphics Laboratory : Total 20 computers connected in LAN. The lab is
equipped with Windows XP, SQL Server 2008, Visual Studio 2008, Turbo C++, weka, TC, Java 1.6 software with printing facility.
8. Computer Simulation Laboratory : Total 8 computers connected in LAN.
The lab is equipped with Windows XP, Weka, Turbo C++, Java 1.6 software with printing facility..
Departmental Seminar Hall
Well equipped with audio/Video Facility, LCD Projector, OHP's, Multimedia PC,
Internet/Intranet facility, WiFi Access Facility.
Softwares available at department
1) Red Hat Linux, 2) IBM Rational Rose, 3) Packet Tracer 4) Oracle 10g, 5) SQL Server 2005, 6) Visual Studio 2008,
7) Java 1.6 software 8) Masm, 9) Turbo C++, 10) AutoCAD 2008 11) Eclips 12) Pro- Log. 13) Adobe Flash.
Well Equipped Class Rooms
Spacious, well-ventilated, Adequately illuminated Classrooms with Electronic OHP/Smart Board and Blackboards.
Faculty of Computer Engg Dept
Syllabus of Computer Engg Dept
Timetable of Computer Engg Dept
Placements of Computer Engg Dept
* July 1 - July 10 2018 : 10-Day STTP (60 hrs.) .Net Training Programme by Microsoft Certified Trainer from ATS Infotech, Pune was organized in Computer Engineering Department.
* Industrial Visit to 4x300 MW Thermal Power Plant of JSW Energy Limited at Jaigarh, Dist. Ratnagiri on 12-01-2018.
* Director-CDAC, Mumbai, under Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Govt. of India delivered Invited Guest Lecture on "Machine Learning for Richer Analytics" on 05-01-2018.
* Director (Cloud Operations), Oracle India Limited, Bengaluru has delivered Invited Guest Lecture on "A Tour of Cloud Computing" on 17-03-2018.
* Industrial Visit of students and faculty members to Oppulent Infotech Pvt. Ltd., Pune was held on 20-09-2017 and MoU was signed for various collaborations.
* Interactions with Gharda Chemicals Limited, Lote - Parasuram for possible consultancy and collaborative R & D in the field of Safety Analysis using Computer Simulation & Modeling were held in Oct. 2017.
* 14 July 2018 : 1-Day NPTEL Workshop for the faculty members of various colleges of Maharashtra was organised jointly by NPTEL, IIT Bombay & GIT. 75 Faculty members attended the workshop..
* Invited Guest Lecture was held on 08-11-2017 on the topic "Privacy Challenges in Social Networking" by Distinguished Visiting Professor, Deptt. of CSE, IITB and former Senior Professor & Dean (TCS), TIFR under DAE, Govt. of India.
* Numerous Interactions in terms of Guest Lectures by Faculty Members of Department of Computer Engineering, GIT with various institutes of undergraduate colleges and junior colleges in Konkan / Raigad regions of Maharashtra.
* AICTE-ISTE Approved 1-Week Faculty Development Programme on Big Data Analytics was held from 01-01-18 to 05-01-18 with Hands-on Experience. Conducted by SJCEM Faculty Members, University of Mumbai.