About Mechanical Dept.
Year of Establishment of Mechanical Department: Year 2007
Intake : 60 Seats (48 CAP + 12 Institute Level)
Student Body : IMAGE
(Innovative Mechanicals Association Of Gritty Engineeres)
Tel No : 02356-262795-99 ext. 190
Email : email@example.com
Publications : Click Here
The Department offers a 4-Year B.E. Degree Programme in Mechanical Engineering.
Vision & Mission
* To transform individuals into technologically competent and socially responsible professionals in Mechanical Engineering.
* Encourage individuals to pursue relevant knowledge in Mechanical Engineering.
* To provide sound technical inputs to develop professional skills.
* To create awareness amongst students about continuous learning and social ethics.
PO & PEO's
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's)
* Our graduates will work professionally in diverse areas of mechanical, thermal and allied engineering and demonstrate the abilities acquired.
* Our graduates will engage successfully and grow in chosen career with concern for safety, health, environment and sustainability.
* Our graduates will continue their learning as per the changing needs of the technology, profession, and society.
Program Outcomes (PO's)
* Able to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and mechanical engineering to the solution of complex engineering problems.
* Able to identify, formulate, conduct literature survey, and analyze mechanical engineering problems and draw conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
* Able to design components, systems and processes to specified needs with due considerations of safety, health, environment and society.
* Able to experiment and conduct investigation, analysis, synthesis to arrive at conclusions.
* Able to select and use appropriate modern tools to solve the engineering problems.
* Able to apply professional reasoning to assess safety, health, environment, legal, economical issues.
* Able to understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
* Able to apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and Responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
* Able to function effectively as an individual member, team member, leader in diverse and multidisciplinary teams.
* Able to write effective report, design documents, make oral presentation, and debate before engineering community and society at large.
* Able to apply the principles of engineering and management to own work and manage projects and group activities.
* Able to engage in life-long learning to recognize the need in the context of the technological changes.
Program Specific Objective
* Able to demonstrate design skills and manufacturing ability in both thermal and mechanical engineering systems.
The Department is equipped with 16 labs, departmental computer centre, departmental library,
seminar hall, classrooms with modern teaching aids and staff rooms.View Details
1. Thermal Engineering Lab
2. Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Lab
3. Mechanical Measurement Lab
4. Mechatronics Lab
5. Fluid Mechanics lab
6. Hydraulic Machinery lab
7. IC Engine & Automobile Lab
8. Heat & Mass Transfer lab
9. CAD Lab 01
10. CAD Lab 02
11. Strength of Material Lab
12. Material Technology lab
13. Engineering Mechanics Lab
14. Theory of Machine Lab
15. Mechanical Vibration Lab
16. Workshop - Machine shop, Welding Shop, Carpentry Shop, Fitting Shop, Plumbing Shop, Blacksmithy Shop, CNC shop
Departmental Seminar Hall
Well equipped with audio/Video Facility, LCD Projector, OHP's, Multimedia PC,
Well Equipped Class Rooms
Healthy, Species, Good Light, Fan Arrangement with OHP Facility.
Faculty of Mechanical Engg Dept
IMAGE ( Innovative Mechanical Association of Gritty Engineers ) the student Association
established in 2010-11. The aim of the ELITE is to organize the various kind of functions for
To promote an Environment for the interaction between Mechanical Engineering undergraduate
engineers with other relevant parties. Image shell engage in activities related to Social,
Academic and Professional interests.
IMAGE Members : Click Here
Activities Under IMAGE