Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are internet-based courses, free of charge, that have incredibly large numbers of students.
In a typical MOOC has specific start and end dates, a more-or-less defined topic of study, facilitator/s, and assessments.
Advantages and benefits of MOOCs
1. MOOCs bring people together from all over the world and encourage engagement between staff and students of a given
university/ institution to interact with the wider public.
2. MOOCs keep the competitive edge. Offering diverse classes on different topics makes it easy for learners to keep up with the
latest news and trends and be on top of their professional field.
3. Learning at your own pace, following your own schedule. Some of the courses have deadlines for tests and assessments,
but they are easy to keep. Usually one have weeks to finish the quizzes and it is not seldom the case that learners the option to finish
a course whenever they feel like it, whenever they have the time. In other words learning happens in a more informal setting, at a place of your
convenience and often around your own schedule
4. Choose your language! A lot of MOOC classes are offered in different languages! It doesn’t matter if you speak English, Marathi,
Urdu, Hindi, etc. Subtitles are available for hundreds of courses and they are just a click away.
5. Anyone can sign up for a MOOC class. You don’t need a degree or previous knowledge to follow a course, only the willingness to learn.
6. No distance constraints. You want to take free courses offered by universities from Germany, USA, China, and Austria?
No problem! Just browse the offerings on the topics you are interested in!
7. Making classes more attractive and more meaningful. MOOCs course prepared using highly advanced IT infrastructure and technologies
like, PPT, animations, sound effects, demos, etc.
8. Distributed learning. Participants help each other interpret the material, seek out different or related sources,
and use social networking to share their interpretations. Through this distributed learning, participants gain a better understanding
of the material and can get immediate feedback if questions arise.
NPTEL SPOC: Prof. Rajkumar Bhimrao Pawar : 9921737394
8 TB Data – Videos offline : Click Here
Total 165 Successful Certifications : IMAGE
* 30 Staff & 135 Students
* 4 - Gold Medals ( score above 90%)
* 69 – ELITE (score above 60%)
* 90 – Pass (score above 40%)
* 8 - Mentor Certification (based on students performance)
NPTEL Course Certification - Gold Medal Achiever :IMAGE
* Rohit Nalawala Chemical
* Jayesh Mapara Chemical
* Amaya Phanase Mechanical
* Chalake Pranav Civil
Mentor Certificates awarded to the following faculties by NPTEL (July-Dec 2017) :IMAGE
* P. V. Oak EXTC Digital Image Processing
* S. S. Phatak ASH Numerical Method
* V. S. Kolge EXTC Design for Internet of Things
* R.B. Pawar COMP Introduction to Cryptography
* K.M. Gajmal COMP Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
* V. N. Rane COMP Introduction to Modern Application Development
* P. R. Kalokhe COMP Cloud Computing
* B. N. Patel Library Human Resource Management
NPTEL RESULT ANALYSIS
Academic Year Exam Month Staff Student Total No Certificate Total Certification
2015-16 Apr-16 12 61 73 73
2016-17 Mar-17 10 8 18 38
Apr-17 6 14 20
2017-18 Sep-17 13 20 33 51
Oct-17 4 5 9
Apr-18 4 5 9
SPOKEN TUTORIAL IITB, Mumbai
Online Training & Test for SE Computer Students
• 24/03/2018 Test conducted on Python Programming 39 students successfully awarded by Certificate. 3 students score 75% and above
• Perl Certification Exam conducted on 4/04/2018 total 25 students successfully awarded by Certificate.